Coconut Almond Muffins
I have to confess that those big, sweet, bakery-style muffins aren’t my favorite. I do love muffins, but I prefer them on the subtle end of the sweet spectrum.
These Coconut Almond Muffins fit the bill perfectly. They’re just sweet enough for a little morning treat. Plus, the combination of crunchy almonds and sweet coconut is irresistible!
Maybe best of all, you can have these muffins mixed and in the oven in a matter of minutes. You won’t even need to get out your mixer! I like to measure the milk in a larger than necessary measuring cup so I can mix the other wet ingredients in the same cup. I’m all for keeping the dirty bowl count to a minimum and cutting down on clean-up time. How wonderful to have a batch of homemade muffins without a lot of fuss and mess!
These muffins bake up so nice and tall. They aren’t dainty, crumbly muffins. No, they’re nicely dense and sturdy, making them a great grab-and-go treat.
I love the lightly sweet flavor of these muffins, but I know that some of you may want them a tad sweeter. If you’d like to add just a little more sweetness, try sprinkling a pinch of coarse sugar on top of the muffins before baking them.
These lovely muffins are just the thing for a quick breakfast treat or afternoon snack. They mix up so quickly and easily that they’re a great pick for a sweet treat on a lazy weekend. They’ll stay fresh in an airtight container for a few days. Enjoy them at room temperature, or warm them slightly if you prefer.
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through one of the links, I’ll receive a
small commission at no additional cost to you.
Coconut Almond Muffins
Yield: 12 standard-size muffins
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 18 minutes
Coconut Almond Muffins combine wonderful flavors in a lightly sweet muffin. Perfect for a morning treat or an afternoon snack!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease or line 12 standard-size muffin cups.
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Make a well in the center of the mixture. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the butter, milk, eggs, vanilla, and almond extract. Add to the well in the flour mixture, and mix just until combined. Stir in the coconut and almonds.
- Divide the dough among the prepared muffin cups, using 3 to 4 tablespoons of batter per cup.
- Bake 14 to 18 minutes, or until the muffins are golden brown and a pick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for about 10 minutes. Then transfer the muffins to a wire rack to cool completely.