Raspberry Coconut Oat Bars
If you love raspberry bars, just wait until you try these Raspberry Coconut Oat Bars. With their oat and coconut shortbread crust, sweet raspberry filling, and crumb topping, these bars are irresistible!
Before we moved to New York, we lived in a small town where shopping for non-standard groceries could be a challenge. So, I understand having limited access to ingredients. Case in point: unsweetened coconut.
Most of us are familiar with sweetened coconut. You know, the sticky, sweet stuff. The kind of coconut that most of us have always used for making most of our coconut-filled baked goods. It’s the kind I use the most in baking, but sometimes a certain recipe just needs the unsweetened variety.
Unsweetened coconut is more about the coconut than the sweet. It just tastes like coconut. What a novel idea, huh? It really is worth the search. (If you are unable to find unsweetened coconut locally, you can find it easily online at King Arthur Flour.)
Anwyay, that lovely coconut is one of the stars of these bars from one of my favorite bakeries, One Girl Cookies. We begin with a shortbread crust that’s packed with brown sugar and coconut and oats. That’s topped off with raspberry preserves and a little more crust.
There’s a little extra salt in the crust, which instantly make them a sweet & salty winner with me. Plus, raspberries and coconut are always a favorite combination.
This is one of those recipes that I turn to time and again when I need something simple to bake and share. They’re easy to make with ingredients I’m likely to have in my kitchen. Plus, the taste is just wonderful!
More Oat Bars You May Like
- Chocolate Hazelnut Oat Bars
- Oatmeal Butterscotch Bars
- Cream Cheese and Oat Bars
- Caramel Oatmeal Bars
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through one of the links, I’ll receive a
small commission at no additional cost to you.
Raspberry Coconut Oat Bars
Yield: 24 2-inch bars
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 24 minutes
Raspberry Coconut Oat Bars feature layers of shortbread, preserves, and coconut for a lovely and delicious treat.
- 3/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 & 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold and cut into small pieces
- 1 & 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup raspberry preserves
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spread coconut on a baking sheet. Toast 2-3 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Grease a 9″x 13″x 2″ baking pan. Line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Using an electric mixer on low speed, mix the flour, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and salt until combined. Add the butter and continue mixing until dough begins to come together. Mix in the coconut and oats.
- Remove 3/4 cup of the crust dough. Set aside.
- Transfer the remaining dough to the prepared pan. Press evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake 14 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through baking. The crust should be golden brown around the edges. Allow the crust to cool for 10 minutes.
- Spread the preserves evenly over the crust, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Crumble reserved dough over the top of preserves. Bake 7 minutes, or until preserves are bubbly. Cool completely in pan.
- Run a knife around the edges of the bars. Place a baking sheet or cutting board on top of the pan and flip the pan over to release the bars. Remove the parchment paper. Then, place a cutting board on the bars and flip again. Cut into bars using a sharp knife.
Recipe slightly adapted from One Girl Cookies.