Recipe adapted from Cuisinart. Read more about this bread and see pictures at Bake or Break.
- 1 & 1/8 cups water, 80-90 degrees
- 2 Tablespoons + 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 Tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups + 3 Tablespoons bread flour
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
|Attach kneading paddle to the bread pan. Place all ingredients, in order, in the bread pan, and place pan in bread machine. Select Dough/Pizza Dough. Select medium size. Press start to begin mixing, kneading, and rising. When cycle is finished, remove dough from pan. Punch to deflate. Let rest 10 minutes.
- extra virgin olive oil, for pan and for drizzling
- cornmeal, for dusting
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- chili powder, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup (or to taste) shredded cheese (We used a Mexican blend)
- 1 jalapeno, sliced (& seeded, if you like)
|Brush a 12″ x 8″ pan with olive oil and sprinkle with cornmeal. On a lightly floured suface, roll out dough to size of pan. Place dough on pan and cover loosely with plastic wrap. Let dough rise in a warm place about 40-50 minutes, or until it has doubled in size.Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Press fingertip indentations into dough about an inch apart and a half inch deep. Drizzle dough with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt, chili powder, ground pepper, and cheese. Place sliced jalapenos evenly on top. Bake until golden and crispy, about 15 minutes.
Tags: bread · bread machine · yeast breads