Chocolate cookie crust
- 18 chocolate sandwich filled cookies
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
|Crush cookies and mix crumbs with butter. Press into bottom of a greased/sprayed 10-inch springform pan.
- 24 oz cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 large eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 6 ounces sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips, melted
|Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat together cream cheese, sugar, and cornstarch. Add eggs and yolk one at a time and mix well. Add sour cream and vanilla extract. Add melted chocolate. Pour over crust.
Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 200 degrees. Bake for 2 hours. Run a knife around the edges to separate cake from pan. Turn off oven and place cake back inside for 2 hours. Refrigerate overnight.
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
|Melt chocolate and butter over low heat, stirring constantly. Add sugar and vanilla. Spread over cheesecake. Garnish with berries or more chocolate or whatever else sounds good! Refrigerate until serving.
Tags: cheesecakes · chocolate