Peanut Butter and Chocolate Cheesecake
Recipe adapted from I Love Cheesecake. Read about it here.
Peanut butter cookie crust
- 2 cups crushed peanut butter sandwich cookies (e.g. Nutter Butters)
- 1/3 cup peanuts, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
|Combine ingredients and press onto bottom of a greased/sprayed 10″ springform pan.
- 32 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 5 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 2/3 cup peanuts, chopped
|Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat together cream cheese, brown sugar, cornstarch, and sour cream until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each. Add vanilla extract and peanut butter. Mix well. Add melted chocolate and mix well. Add peanuts and mix well. Pour filling over crust.
Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 200 degrees and bake for 2 hours. Run a knife around the edges to loosen from pan. Turn oven off and leave cheesecake in oven for 2 hours. Refrigerate overnight.
Peanut butter and chocolate swirl topping
- 6 ounces white chocolate
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, melted
|Melt white chocolate and peanut butter in a saucepan over low heat. Cool to lukewarm. Pour over cheesecake. Drizzle melted semisweet chocolate over top in parallel lines. With the dull side of a knife, draw through the chocolate to create swirls. Chill.
Tags: cheesecakes · chocolate · peanut butter